Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New on DVD - November 20, 2007

There's a couple of DVD's that are worth checking out, including: "Zombie Town", "Darkness Surrounds Roberta", "I am Omega", "Hate 2 0" and even "Stir of Echoes 2: The Homecoming".

"Zombie Town", written and directed by Damon LeMay, is really the one worth checking out, mainly because it's a true independent horror. It's a kind of "Shaun of the Dead" meets every other low-budget zombie movie ever made. Parasites are the cause of the living dead in this case... Side note: the only time the I really liked the explanation of why the dead were coming back to life was "Return of the Living Dead", so let that be a lesson - you don't need to explain why the dead come back, they just do. Anyhow... these guys have been working on this film since 2005, so... do them a favor and check it out.

"Darkness Surrounds Roberta" is an American indie horror, shot entirely in Italy. According to the director, Joe Zaso, he "was trying to make a giallo film for the SAW crowd”. So, if you check out my last post, check this one out to see what those foreign horror investors are into. This flick is supposedly filled to the brim with violent murders, mayhem, decadent sex, and untold mystery. I like the odd 'giallo" film... and I like nudity, so... I'll check it out.

Our buddies over at 'The Asylum', the production company that basically rides the waves of other, big name movies, by bringing out films that are very similar ("Snakes on a Train", "AVH - Alien vs. Hunter", "Pirates of Treasure Island"... you get the idea) are coming out with "I am Omega", the blatant rip-off of "I am Legend". That's all I have to say... I love these guys, seriously.

"Hate 2 0" is another shot in Italy horror. I haven't seen it, but it's getting decent reviews. It's about a bunch of girls who go to fast on nothing but water at some cabin, when... it turns out that there's something in the water.

Then, finally, there's the made for TV sequel to "Stir of Echoes", "Stir of Echoes 2: The Homecoming". Hey ladies, it's got Rob Lowe in it...

New on DVD - November 20, 2007

No comments: