Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Please, quit it with the remakes...

Damian Shannon and Mark Swift have been hired to write a remake of "Friday the 13th", which will be produced by Platinum Dunes for New Line. (Platinum Dunes is Michael Bay's company, which is remaking every classic horror right now and New Line owns the rights to the Friday the 13th franchise) Shannon and Swift also wrote "Freddy vs. Jason" together, which I didn't mind as much as I thought I would. The remake isn't going to be much like the original, though... it will focus on Jason, who will be wearing the mask and killing people. Now, that doesn't sound like much of remake, more like a sequel. Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing and Paramount and MTV Films are also involved. I guess they're too proud to just call it Friday the 13th Part 11... or would it be 12? Does Jason vs. Freddy count as a sequel to Friday the 13th? Am I the only one who likes Friday the 13th Part 9, Jason goes to Hell? Any way you slice it, I'd rather see a sequel to Jason X, where he stays in space and fights Aliens... or The Predator, than see them butcher the original.

Read the article here.

No comments: